Preparing your home
With buyers, first impressions count. A small investment in time and money will give your home an edge over other listings in the area when the time comes to show it to a prospective buyer.
This is the first impression! Make it a good one!
- Cut lawns
- Trim shrubs
- Weed and edge gardens
- Flowers added makes a good first impression
- Clear walk and driveway of leaves
- Repair gutters and eaves
- Touch up or repaint exterior of house
- General Maintenance
Here’s some ideas for inexpensive repairs and upgrades that can make your home much more attractive to prospective buyers. Painting and Flooring are two of the most productive improvements you can make.
- Repair windows and doors
- Tighten doorknobs
- Repair old and cracked plaster
- Repair any plumbing leaks or running toilets
- Repair light fixtures, or replace if outdated
- Consider painting interior a light neutral color
- Consider installing updated moldings and trim
- Clean or, if necessary, replace carpeting and flooring
The Clean and Spacious Look
Reducing clutter and cleaning will greatly enhance the appearance of your home. Buyers want to live somewhere that they feel has been well maintained.
- Clean, Clean, Clean
- Clean Patio and yards
- Clean Kitchen appliances
- Clear stairs and hallways
- Remove excess items from counters and furniture
- Store excess furniture
- Make closets neat and tidy